Celebrate National Veggie Month with Chef Mayra
When: Saturday, October 16th, 1-3pm
Where: Sunflower Market, 4020 S. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89103
Join Chef Mayra for amazing ideas for using October food in season.
Fall Harvest Festival
When: Sunday, October 24th, 8:30am - 2pm
Where: Sansone Park Place, 9480 S. Eastern Ave.
|This apple crisp is just perfect. Sweet and crunchy and spiced just right, I like it served warm with Vanilla Bean Soy Cream from Atomic # 7.|
|prep time: 20 minutes | cooking time: 45 minutes | makes 8 servings|
For the filling
For the topping
Place apples and raisins in the baking dish, add sugars and spices and combine everything well (you may need to use your hands to do this).
Pour arrowroot mixture over everything.
To prepare the topping, in a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Add oil, soymilk, and vanilla, mix well.
Crumble topping over the apples.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
- 2 sugar pumpkins
- 1 tablespoon melted VEGAN butter or expeller pressed canola oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder ( aluminum free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 banana smash
- 3/4 to 1 cup alomond milk (depending on how "milky" you like your oatmeal)
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled + diced small)
- extra brown sugar for sprinkling
- extra Nut milk for splashing (optional)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Start by carefully cutting the top off your pumpkin and cleaning the insides out. (Save the seeds for later – recipe to come!)
- Combine all remaining ingredients (except the sugar for sprinkling and milk for splashing) in a large bowl.
- Stir well and divide batter evenly between the two pumpkins. Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar.
- Place both pumpkins on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 mins to an hour or until pumpkin is soft enough to scoop and oatmeal is done.
- After it was done, we added a splash of milk.
- Remember: When doling out scoops be sure to scrape up some of that baked pumpkin goodness with the spiced oatmeal.