Now assuming your pantry already has some of these ingredients right?
This can be a very fun and under $10.00 Dollars ...
Depends on your pantry .. Maybe this is a great opportunity to re-do some of your pantry and bring in some natural ingredients. At the end you and your wallet will benefit!
Chef Mayra's Vegan Carrot Cake
- 1 cup non organic vegetable salad oil
- 2 cups organic brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup soy milk
- 4 cups unbleached flour (or all purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 3 cups grated organic raw carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 container (8oz) soy cream cheese (Available in the grocery store’s health food section)
- 4 cups organic confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- ½ cup of soy butter (margarine), softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 9” x 11” baking pan (use oil and coat with flour).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in medium sized bowl – set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl on low speed, mix oil and sugar, add water and soymilk. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture on low speed until moistened, then mix on medium speed until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in grated carrots, nuts, and raisins with wooden spoon and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Tip: Bake until moist but not raw in center. Insert toothpick into cake and when it comes out clean the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from oven and let cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, on low speed mix soy butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread icing on completely cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
***Here is My Round Version: You might want to double up the ingredients for the cake and icing for the round version. I stack the cake with 2 or 3 layers using 8" size cake pans.
***Here is My Round Version: You might want to double up the ingredients for the cake and icing for the round version.
I stack the cake with 2 or 3 layers using 8" size cake pans.
If you do not have pumpkin pie spice available, you can make your own by mixing the following:
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
Double everything "For the Cake and the icing. "
Use Icing as the filling.
***** great recipe if you want to use your carrot pulp after Juicing !! YEAH!
Again if you have a lot of these ingredients in your pantry , this is a great inexpensive cake.
All Natural, Organic and Vegan.